Wednesday, March 13, 2019

To The Boy Who Saved Me

I write a lot about my past, my pain, my growth and lots of random things between, yet don’t think I have taken a minute to write about the boy who saved my life.


It was the summer of 2006 when I met the guy of my dreams, I just didn’t know it yet. 
We had a quick introduction at a music festival, then I skipped off on my merry little way and didn’t think about it again until we ran into each other the following winter at an indoor music event in Western Mass. I can still remember the electricity....really though, I had no idea.

Our paths crossed many times in the following months, and each time I was more drawn to him. His energy, his smile.... his unbearable sarcastic sense of humor, and obviously his music.
In the midst of all the criss crossing we’d become close friends-phone calls, texting, myspace posts (you heard me, I'm old shut up)
....we had become so close that when my mom took a turn for the worst, he was my rock when I thought I would float away on my tears of grief. 

Stonehenge 2007


There’s something so pure and beautiful about a relationship that begins on a bedrock of friendship. I knew, long before I should have known, that I was hopeless for him. 
He was my friend. 
My trusted sounding board. 
A source of laughter and distraction when I needed it most. 


I should stop talking about all these emotions as though they’re in the past because he, to this day, is still all of those things, and so very much more. 
Most little girls dream about marrying their prince, I always dreamed about marrying my best friend.... and I did in 2013 on the most gorgeous day.

Life has thrown, well, basically everything at us. 
We lost our home, lived with both sets of our parents, then moved away from everyone and everything we ever knew, and started from scratch.... what made it bearable is that we did it together. 
I am stronger because of you.
I’m HAPPIER because of you.
I survived some incredibly hard times, because of you.

So happy birthday, my love. 
I am more thankful every single day, for you.

-Team Us-



Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment